So, I started my day off with a message from my academic advisor. This message was informing that I DID NOT GRADUATE. This is because I am short 1, yes 1, credit. However, according to my information, I have completed all courses required to graduate. Point of fact, i had met, in person, with my advisor and discussed each and every class on the list, both what I had taken already and what I still needed to take, about a year and a half ago. Everything was approved. I took a course with my advisor instructing over the summer, no mention then. I took another course in the fall, and discussed numerous times my intentions to graduate the next spring. No mention. I registered for the spring, no mention. During the spring, he tells me I'm missing a gym class. I am not, and I send him the documentation to prove it. No mention. Now, after the summer session is already begun, after I have already walked, I am being told that I did not graduate. And that I need to take another course next fall to do so. That means that there is another seven months before I get my diploma. Seven months before I can go to a current or prospective employer with a college degree to earn a higher salary. This also disqualifies me from taking the licensing exam in October. In short, it completely screws me.
And, what's more, no one can tell me what course I'm missing. No one can find where that one credit should have been.
So, this morning, my boss got to see me pacing the parking lot reaming out my advisor over the phone. In all of the classes I had with him, I was always laid back and goofing around. I brought a bottle of scotch to one of his exams and drank through it (scored the second highest in the class too). And now I just unleashed a fury to make a woman scorned look like a candle compared to a conflagration. If this were an anime, buildings would have exploded under the sheer force of my anger. This is how I spent my morning. I also set my father on them. And my father is many things, but the one thing I can always count on him for it is to utterly crush anyone who tries to screw us. If I am a conflagration in my anger he would be the hydrogen bomb.
By the afternoon he had finally managed to get through the red tape and reach the Dean. Now, the Dean is a good guy. We know him, and he's helped me out before. He agreed to personally look into it, and when he did he stated that he can find now reason why I can not graduate. He also agreed to personally endorse a petition that I be allowed to do so. Which is a big help, but it still means that now I once more have to wait to find out what the registrar determines. If they choose to, they can make this as difficult as possible for me.
All in all, NOT a good day.
I don't know what to say beyond... wow. I hope it all works out for you in the end.
ReplyDeleteI don't know why my comment went away, but i will say that your situation must be sorted out fast, i cannot think enough how mad you are right now because of that...
ReplyDeleteI'm supporting you all the way and hope your will get what is rightfully yours ^^
Hugs and Kisses Alectra
Blogger has been having problems with that recently, some of my posts to this disappeared as well. I don't really know why.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the encouragement. I am indeed exceedingly frustrated right now.